It’s been a year since we suggested there hasn’t been a whole lot of activity going on specifically for association management companies on Facebook.
This isn’t about the work association management companies do for their associations – it’s about the use of social media they do for their own company. It’s a year later, and not much has changed:
- 150 Likes for Association Management Center in 2012. Today, 195 Likes. And this with considerable posting.
- AMR Management Services only had 81 Likes in 2012. It has grown to 119 Likes.
- Professional Management Associates had 30 in May 2012. Today they’ve grown to 36 Likes.
It’s a different story at LinkedIn:
- SmithBucklin had 1421 followers on LinkedIn in 2012. In May 2013 it has 2777.
- Association Management Center had 386 followers on LinkedIn. Today it is 701 followers.
- AMR Management Services had 36 on LinkedIn. Not high today, but at 85 followers.
So, for association management companies, it continues to look like LinkedIn is a more prospective location for activity.